Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Whirlwind

Okay, so the last few weeks have been a blur and I am sorry I haven't posted sooner. Let's see what has happened? Ethan fell and got 5 stitches- that was an ordeal! He was such a trooper, but when it was all done I was a wreck! Amazing how something so small would help me realized how fragile life is. I am sure it doesn't help that I watched the season finale of Home Makeover that night too. Thankfully my husband is able to put up with his emotional wife. ;-)

We also had our last visits with our extended families. We are so blessed to have lived by them for so long, I think we took them for granted. But the parties were fantastic and we were thoroughly blessed! Thank you Huizenga/Hamill/Van Houtens and Lopez/Kiss/Butler clan! I will try and post some photos as soon as I can find he camera cable. I am sure its in a box somewhere.

We had a yard sale a few weeks ago, where we tried to sell everything we could. Wow, the whole yard sale crowd is an interesting bunch. You have the people buying for grandchildren, the student housing crowd that you just want to give things to because you know they are struggling and we were there too. Then... you get the haggler's who you just don't want to give them anything because they are greedy and very reminiscent of vultures! To them we just said no! But we did well and got rid of most everything!

Ooohhh!!! I totally forgot to mention that we officially own our first house!!! Can't believe I forgot that news! We found out last week that everything was approved and now we just sign the papers when we get to Ohio! Will post photos too!

I have finished working, Steve is done and this final week in Cali, we are just boxing, packing and enjoying!

0 comments: